Tips for Buyers
Finding and buying a residence most of the time is a very tiring and stressful process. The key to a smooth and easy transaction is the following:
First determine the general benefits you expect from this residence. Some questions to ask yourself before you begin your search are:
Which area do I like?
• Do I have enough money to buy there?
• Do I want the property to be near my workplace?
• Do I want it to be near my parents' home?
• Do I prefer a quiet neighborhood or downtown?
• Do I want to be close to public transport (metro etc)?
• Do I want my children’s schools, the market or the church to be nearby?
• Do I want direct access to main roads?
I need to sell the existing residence first. At what price and how will I buy the new one?
Define your priorities
Before you even start looking for a residence, make sure that you are conscious of exactly what you are looking for in a home. Then set your priorities from the list below because you will rarely find everything you want in one residence.
• Number of bedrooms
• Year of construction of the building
• Room comfort and layout
• Detached house or apartment?
• Large terraces
• Adequate storage space
• Parking place
• Number of baths
What to do:
• Set a final purchase date
• Calculate the purchase amount
• Conduct a loan market research (we can assist you through our partnership with the banking system)
• Fill out a loan pre-approval application
• Calculate how much you can pay in monthly loan installments (you should not exceed 35% of your monthly income)
• Calculate your deposit
• Calculate taxes (3% on contract value)
• Calculate the registration costs at the Land Registry
• Calculate the notarial, legal fees and the real estate agent’s fee.
• Calculate renovation costs (with your engineer or with one of our own).
• Compare prices per square meter and not per property.
Buying a real property is a life investment for most of us and we need to reduce the risk of our choices. Making even one wrong move when buying a property means that we are likely to pay for this mistake for many years. In order to move properly and safely we must rely on the experience and knowledge of professionals.
Choose as your representative the professional real estate agent of our office, who is responsible for your area, makes you feel comfortable and understands your needs, and entrust him solely with the search for the residence you are looking for. This institution is called a "Buyer Advisor" where the professional real estate agent works exclusively for you looking throughout the market for the property you want while protecting you from the risks.